Tornado Global Hydrovac – Strategic Advisor
Tornado Global Hydrovac is voted as the best hydrovac truck designer and manufacturer by customers in Canada and U.S.
The company owns proprietary designing and engineering process, and continuously innovate to provide markets with lighter yet more powerful products.
Tornado was then a fully owned entity of Empire Industries, but was operated independently with a fully functional manufacturing facility near Calgary.
The hydrovac technology is a non-invasive digging tech which is widely used in oil service, pipeline construction and maintenance works, municipality underground infrastructure service, and situations which involves protecting sensitive assets in the ground.
- Entering China market with a committed entrepreneurial partner;
- Attract sufficient investment capital to fulfill the needs of the spin-off requirement;
- Build China Joint Venture without risky capital injection from Canada.
- Introduced a selected list of Chinese leading specialty truck companies to the clients, including Yutong Group, the largest bus manufacturer in the world, Shandong Shengli Highland Group, Liaoning ShuGuang Group which is a leading pickup truck manufacturer in China, ZYT Group, which is the oldest and biggest oilfield truck manufacturer in China, and more.
- Worked closely with the Client for due diligence visits on the Chinese truck manufacturers, and visited China for 7 times during the 20 months core working period.
- Identified and developed the trustworthy relationship with the final investment partner from Shanghai, and this investment partner has vehicle import and high-end brand distribution experience in Zhejiang and Jiangsu Provinces;
- Build the whole investment package including Teaser, CIM, Financial Model, Truck Tech Presentation, and China Business Plan;
- Managed through the due diligence and communicated closely with Shanghai and Toronto for bridging the trust and solve problems.
- Supported post-transaction integration, key human resource recruitment, and served on board of directors for one year.
- The strategic partner introduced by Hawkbridge funded CAN$10 million, including $7.5 million of equity and $2.5 million of subordinate debt, towards leveraging Tornado’s proprietary knowledge and hydrovac truck design in China as well as continuing to manufacture and sell its unique hydrovac truck in North America.
- Tornado Global Hydrovac successfully spined off as an independently publicly listed company with TSXV.