ShopperPlus – Sellside Advisor
ShopperPlus is a leading Canadian online supermarket, and its product offering has grown considerably and now includes office supplies, electronics, lifestyle, kitchen, utensils and other home goods categories.
The company’s success is also attributable to its technology and marketing platforms that enable customers to benefit from targeted product recommendations based on individual purchase patterns and seasonality.
In addition to its thriving business-to-consumer program, the company also developed a very successful corporate office supply program. In addition, ShopperPlus’ house brands are increasingly recognized in Canada and purchased via their website.
In Canada, ShopperPlus has two warehouses that together stock over 60,000 products. The company has also established a new product development center and technology research center in Canada and China.
- Raise friendly and strategic equity capital to fuel the need of the next stage business development;
- Since it was the Series A investments, it is important to establish a reasonable valuation for all parties.
- Strategic expansion into Ontario markets
- Worked closely with client to establish valuation range
- Introduced a selected list of investor prospects to the company;
- Managed the communications with the brand name Canadian and American institutional investors;
- Worked closely with the Client’s CEO for building the whole investment presentation package including Teaser, CIM, Financial Model, E-Commerce
- Business Model presentation, and Growth Strategy Presentations;
- Managed through the critical process on financial and legal due diligence process over the period of two months;
- Problem solving support over the whole process.
- C$17 million successfully raised to fuel ShopperPlus’ growth. Both Celtic House Asia Partners and the Canadian Business Growth Fund (“CBGF”) led the financing, with participation from Celtic House Venture Partners and National Bank SME Growth Fund L.P.. In addition, two noteworthy angel investors joined the round: the co-founder of Wish’s e-commerce shopping app, Danny Zhang, and the Managing Director of Sequoia China, Kevin Pan.